before I start listing the patch notes, I would like to thank everyone that has expressed interest in Farm Life: Natures Adventure and the reason for the Christmas update so early is because I won’t be available during the Christmas period from the 16/12/16 – 23/12/16 due to a winter holiday. I will still be checking the support emails but just not as frequent.
Seasonal New Additions
Santa Claus is coming to town during the period of 20/12/2016 – 25/12/2016.
- Santa Claus will now visit your home on the 25th of December through the fireplace.
- Christmas tree, you can choose if you want to celebrate Christmas or not.
- Festive bed cover can now be unlocked through the event of Christmas.
- Santa’s outfit can now be unlocked through the event of Christmas.
- Gnomes now wear a special outfit for Christmas when hired.
Other New Additions
- Thunder and lightning will now produce heavy rain causing poor visibility.
- Calendar switch, you can now have a look at all the events happening throughout the year.
- Fireplace to the player’s home to give it a warmer feeling and for people to come down.
- Event area will now be decorated by the mayor when an event is taking place.
- Four new steam achievements for you hardcore players to earn.
- Changed animation for heavy rain, rain and snow.
- Changed animation for calendar seasons.
- Changed animation for pointing arrow during tutorial.
- Changed weather affecting all outside areas, the beach was previously restricted to not having weather but now that has changed!
- Changed the weather layer to not follow the players HUD, now weather feels more natural.
- Changed mayor actions, players can no longer change benches to Christmas trees.
- Changed swimming text to include more information for the player.
- Changed the objective in swimming to be more tailored to the newest achievement.
- Changed swimming to skip the next day events upon completion.
- Changed swimming player animation.
- Changed horse racing to skip the next day events upon completion.
- Changed horse racing event to show racers and horses before starting event.
- Changed player house animation.
- Fixed an issue with tutorial not continuing properly if using keyboard or mouse controls.
- Fixed an issue with tool tip text still appearing whilst equipping seeds.
- Fixed an issue with trees not appearing over other trees properly.
- Fixed an issue with weather sound effects not playing after sleeping.
- Fixed an issue with children sleeping all the time and not being able to help with duties.
- Fixed an issue with children not entering correctly when not having a married partner.
- Fixed an issue with small bed not changing correctly.
- Fixed an issue with summer beach day event not starting properly.
- Fixed an issue with swimming event not ending.
- Fixed an issue with horse racing day event not starting properly.
- Fixed an issue with horse racing event not ending.
- Fixed an issue with black underlay during conversations with mayor at horse racing and swimming events.
- Fixed an issue with ground flowers not being affected by snow in rival farm.
- Fixed an issue with movement halting whilst passing through to another part of the town.
- Fixed an issue with movement getting stuck in one direction when speaking to NPC.
- Fixed an issue with interaction checking every object within the players view twice.
I’ve recently been taking a look at letting other players mod Farm Life: Natures Adventure. I wanted to build a modding system for players that want to add features into the game but wouldn’t have to learn a programming language. Therefore all our future modding will be run from a basic text file.
Hope you have fun!